Monday, April 13, 2009

My Philosophy

I believe that one of the most important things a person can do is to influence or teach the rising generation to be good, productive, principled people. I could have used lots of additional positive adjectives, but you know what I mean. :)

Because I was a full-time mom of seven for almost 30 years (I am still their Mom, just not full-time anymore:)), I was able to use our home as my laboratory and could experiment with different ideas and techniques to see what seemed to work best with each of our seven children. By the time they were all grown up and out of the house, I started to really understand how important raising children is.

I have learned some principles to help raise children to become good people, but because each child is different, each child responds differently. Parents need to decide which ideas and techniques will work best for their child. That is why I started this blog. If I can come up with good ideas to help parents, I will post them. If you have things that have helped you, please share those ideas. I don't think I am an expert, but I do know that raising children is very important and I want to provide a forum that will assist other parents as they raise their children and at the same time help them to enjoy the journey that parenting is.

In my next post I will explain why I call this blog, "Little Hero Hugs", in case you were wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment